Here you probably thought I had forgotten about you, but don’t worry I haven’t. I‘ve just been enjoying the last few months of maternity leave. So here‘s an update before I start talking about cake.
We bought a house: That is right. Our friends moved to a lovely place and the month after they had moved in, another house (ours) went on the market. Which was funny because we had actually stopped looking because we couldn’t agree on a house. But we ended up falling in love with this house, so with help from my Parents-in-law, we bought it.
We moved. I am never doing that again.
All of this will get its’ own post.
Now on to the cake!
Cinnamon Swirl Coffee Cake
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 250gs of melted butter
- 2 tsp. Vanilla extract
- 1 & 1/2 cups of buttermilk
- 3 cups of flour
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- Cinnamon filling
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup cinnamon powder
- Step 1 Turn the oven on 180c and use some butter to butter the loaf pan.
- Step 2 Take a mixing bowl and put in eggs, vanilla extract, buttermilk and the melted butter and beat it together.
- Step 3 In another bowl, place the flour, sugar, baking powder and baking soda and carefully mix it until it’s well mixed together.
- Step 4 Once that is done, gently and slowly, add some of the dry ingredients to the wet ones and let them get well mixed before you add more. While you wait, you can mix the cinnamon filling together.
- Step 5 Once all the ingredients are mixed together, put half of the batter in the loaf pan and add some of the cinnamon, take a fork and make some swirls or whatever you want in the cake. When you feel it’s enough, pour in the rest of the cake batter. If you have some leftover cinnamon filling, you can add that to the top and make some more swirls.
- Step 6 Put the cake in the oven and keep it there for 45 minutes.
- Step 7 When you take it out, let it cool and enjoy.