Is it already Wednesday? Apparently. Today I made Salted Caramel Brownie muffins, because do I really need a reason to bake? No. But I actually forgot it was Wednesday so I had to be quick on my feet. And also the first batch I made got thrown out as this is my own homemade recipe.
I actually didn’t make the salted caramel sauce from scratch as I’ve already found the perfect recipe and it’s here. I live by this recipe because it’s so goddamn amazing. ENJOY.
Karina's salted caramel brownie muffins
I'm a firm believer that cake can fix the biggest problems in the world and these muffins can help you relax while we're waiting for the sun. If you are in the sun and reading this, you can't have any. (kidding, k?)
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup and 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 200 g dark chocolate
- 250 g butter
- 1 cup and 1 tbsp flour
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Step 1 Turn your oven on 180C and place muffins sheets in your muffin tray
- Step 2 Warm the butter and chocolate together in a saucepan and when melted, set aside until cooled.
- Step 3 Separate the egg yolks and egg whites. Add the brown sugar to the egg yolks and beat until light and fluffy, add the vanilla extract and beat again. Beat the egg whites until they’ve have the look of a fluffy and nice cloud.
- Step 4 Now add in the flour, baking powder and soda. Mix it all together, now you can add the cooled chocolate and butter mixture.
- Step 5 Take your ice cream scooper and being to fill your muffin forms. Put in oven for 15 minutes and once cooled, top off with salted caramel*